Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost stories

5 posters

Go down

Ghost stories Empty Ghost stories

Post by Mike R Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Okay, I saw the 'Who's the Weirdest' thread. I wanted to play but couldn't top the spaghetti thing.

But Gramar's demon in the mirror gave me the idea for this thread. Got any ghost encounters you'd like to share?

The house I live in used to be haunted but my wife sent them all packing, or at least made them behave. But that's the end of the story, I'll start at the beginning.

We move in June of 1997. A few weeks after, one of us, I can't remember which, asked, "Hey, you been seeing...
"this fast moving gray thing"
"Yeah, real low, along the walls?"
"Yeah."
We wondered aloud about what it was and stuff but not in front of the kids.

Sometime later, our nasty, ill tempered siamese cat had a fit in the middle of the night. It sounded like a cat fight in our kitchen. We found the cat under the hutch puffed up and freaked out. I checked all the doors and such while looking for the other participant in the cat fight. Doors secure, no other cat.

Sometime later, maybe a week, I was sitting on the couch watching the tube when the gray thing jumped up on the other end of the couch. It was indistinct but moved like a cat. I faded before it made the middle of the couch. We started calling the thing, "The Ghost Cat."

I should note here that all of this took place over several years. The Ghost Cat was our most active thing and probably showed itself once a week on average.

Anyway, there were other altercations with the Ghost cat but I'll save those for later. I've more boogaboos to tell you about.

Twice, a bald fat guy in a black tee shirt came and watched Tv with me. Both times he appeared solid but faded after a few seconds. He even brought his own chair.

I ran into a hanging vapor in the hall.

The perfume lady would come and hang around me if I was alone in a room. She never showed herself, all we ever got was her scent. She was our second most active hoojy, maybe once every other month.

Anyway, I kept telling my wife about her and she kept poo-pooing me. One night the perfume lady came and I rushed to get my wife so she could smell for herself. She started to say "Yeah, right..." Then she smelled it. Either the perfume lady followed me or her scent clung to me.

Sometime later, My wife poo-pooed the perfume lady again. I said, out loud, "You guys need to make a believer out of her."

A day or two later, we were in the kitchen and heard a thump, thump from our bedroom. We went in to investigate and found two Christmas candles lying on the floor. They'd been on the top shelf of our closet and could have simply fallen due the the earth shifting on its axis or something. I admonished, "You're going to have to do better than that."

About three days later, my wife is in the bathroom off our bedroom fussing in the mirror. The dog was laying in our bedroom watching her. My wife heard a noise followed by a bang, like something heavy landed on the floor. Our dog has her head cocked looking at something in the bedroom. My wife looks around the corner and there, in the middle of the floor, a good two feet from the dresser, lies the right hand middle drawer filled to capacity with blue jeans.

Now, the thing is normally full of jeans, but not normally in the middle of the floor so my wife hollers, "MIIIIIIKE!!"

I come running from the other side of the house. She grills me on the subject for a little while but we both know, had I entered the room, the dog would have given me away. With that realization, my wife said, in her mamma bear tone, "Alright. That's enough. I don't want you scaring my kids."

Not a thing has happened since.

Anyone else got one?

Mike

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Ghost stories Empty Re: Ghost stories

Post by Garmar Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:58 pm

I have one that both my wife and I experienced. It's not very flashy, but still gives me goose bumps. From time to time we feel movement at the foot of our bed like someone is siting there. The end dips down and our blankets pull away from us. This same "phantom" has followed us for three houses now.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:19 am

Garmar...you don't have big dogs by any chance do you? Wink
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:34 am

That would be the obvious thing. biggrin But no, no animals in the house. We had a leetle beety chihuahua for awhile but he couldn't jump that high to save his life. And a toy breed like him wouldn't move the bed like this.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:44 am

What do you do about it?
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:47 am

Go back to sleep. smiling
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike R Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:14 pm

A ghost trying to get in your bed? The least it could do is show itself. I mean you don't even know if it's male of female. :)

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:57 pm

I've got something creepy... Garm's avatar affraid

Once, when I was 10 years old and home alone. I was in the kitchen just finishing up with some homework (of course lol) then I heard some footsteps... (Luckily it was heard from upstairs). I must have skipped a heart beat or about to pass out pale . I was so nervous and scared affraid that I began to cry and ran outside as fast as I could; as if there was someone chasing me with a weapon. I waited an hour until my parents arrived home and after that dreadful situation; I couldn’t travel upstairs anymore, unless I was with a friend or a family member. (This happened in my old house). It's hard to explain this feeling, but I hope this won't happen again.

Oh! I have another one to share!

This specific situation occurs in my current house; about 3 years ago. My family and I had finished moving into this house. My parents told me that I had to sleep in the basement by myself; so I agreed with them (This incident happened at 10:30 at night). There are four mini windows (not that big) with no curtains. I could basically view the outdoors.
Out of a sudden, I heard a small ‘knock’ on the window; beside me. So I thought to myself that it was probably an object (rock, garbage etc) that smacked the window. One minute later; I heard a second knock.

I started to panic and hide underneath my covers; wondering why people or something would do such a thing. I heard a third knock, but this time it was even louder. This was the scariest feeling for me because first of all I was underneath the covers (therefore couldn’t see anything) and second of all my parents were far way from me. So I tried to sleep and prayed that ‘It’ will go away. Then the following morning when I woke up; I was on the floor next to the wall covered with my blankets. I’m like “Someone saved me last night! Thank you!”. Then I told my parents the whole story and eventually I moved upstairs and finally got my own bedroom.

These two scenarios still give me the chills.
Although, I'd never thought of it as "I'm about to die" instead "Someone was trying to communicate with me".
(Sorry if I rushed through this... my memory was coming back to me and therefore did not have the chance to correct SPaG and such -- Tomorrow I will Wink )
Jack
Jack

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Jack wrote:I've got something creepy... Garm's avatar affraid

I got a goooood chuckle out of this. Thanks Jack!
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by willow Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Garm I'm curious about your bed. How old is it? Where did you get it from? I'm thinking that it's the bed thats haunted. Sometimes that happens....

If it isn't the bed, it's entirely possible that it is a blanket. Do you by chance have an old quilt someone made on the bed?
willow
willow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:33 pm

The bed is a 5 year old Sterns and Foster. I bought it brand new. And all of our blankets are new also. And funny this came up because I experienced this again a few nights ago. Very weird and there has to be an explanation for it.

I was watching a ghost hunters one day and the guy said that a lot of paranormal experiences are actually electrical surges and other such things. Like air in the pipes groaning and the way high electrical charges will make your hair stand up. I betcha there is an explanation for this along these lines.

I need to go get my creepy avatar back.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: