Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Site Logo

Go down

New Site Logo Empty New Site Logo

MC designed the beautiful piece of original artwork for creative writing review group.

Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent!

Gary.

Last edited by Garmar on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

New Site Logo :: Comments

NaClmine

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:53 pm by NaClmine

That's really nice! Good work MC.

Back to top Go down

Jack

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:47 pm by Jack

Wow, that's so pro MC! Great Job.

I enjoy looking at the new banner; I'd say the countries and scroll stands out the most. (Canada is on there Laughing )

I wonder what the small text say...

Last edited by Jack on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:57 pm by Guest

Me super likie! biggrin cheers

Back to top Go down

MC

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:00 am by MC

Jack wrote:
I wonder what the small text says...

I only took greek for 2 years, but if I had to guess, I'd say, that one word next to the quill looks like 'toupho' which means "to express one's self".
I'm kidding. I have no clue what toupho means. It's probably part of a longer word.

Thanks guys! And as for 'original' art work...I took the quill and the scroll off the web and mixed them up with some other things. I'm not sure how 'original' that makes it. You can find the same quill and scroll if you google "quill and scroll". Laughing As far as I know, none of us are making any money off of this site or the logo... If anyone's conscience is affected, I'll try to work on a new completely from scratch version, but it's going to take a lot longer.

Back to top Go down

MC

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 am by MC

...I started to feel bad about ripping the scroll and quill off the web, so here's a new version with completely original art. From scratch. In the back ground of the creative writing scroll, the words say our names in Greek. I had to fade and distort it a lot to keep the contrast down, so it's hard to read. It starts with Garmar, jack (with a phi instead of a j because I couldn't think of what the equivalent would be), saulty, from left to right across the top, then Michele, Ebyss, etc... Just a little tid bit of trivia (that you are probably not interested in, so I'll shut up now).

New Site Logo Cwrg5copy

Back to top Go down

Bagit

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:13 am by Bagit

Very nice MC. The old world style with the scroll is killer. cool

The background looks like an old map of a buried treasure somewhere in the Atlantic Sea! If i can get the location, we will soon all be covered in unimaginable riches! What a Face

Back to top Go down

Garmar

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:38 am by Garmar

MC wrote:...I started to feel bad about ripping the scroll and quill off the web, so here's a new version with completely original art. From scratch. In the back ground of the creative writing scroll, the words say our names in Greek. I had to fade and distort it a lot to keep the contrast down, so it's hard to read. It starts with Garmar, jack (with a phi instead of a j because I couldn't think of what the equivalent would be), saulty, from left to right across the top, then Michele, Ebyss, etc... Just a little tid bit of trivia (that you are probably not interested in, so I'll shut up now).

New Site Logo Cwrg5copy

You're the best, Michele! It's absolutely beautiful.

Back to top Go down

NaClmine

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:46 pm by NaClmine

Impressive work Michelle. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

MC

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:36 am by MC

I like the look of the new menu buttons across the top now. Kind of old typewriterish with a reversed emboss...? Cool. Maybe we need a new banner that matches. What do you think?

Also, I noticed the WF banner is shifty and changes somehow with the size of the window. How did they do that? Can we do that too? It replicates or shrinks to fit. Weird. But good.

Back to top Go down

Garmar

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 am by Garmar

Those old buttons were better than the previous ones, but they were an incomplete set, color didn't match the theme and didn't load correctly most of the time. I found this wonderful little site http://cooltext.com/ and went with one of the old style buttons. It was a lot of fun!
Cool. Maybe we need a new banner that matches. What do you think?
I think the current one is beautiful. If you have ideas for an even better one I'm all for that!

As far as the WF banner...that may be something with the vBulletin format that allows cool stuff like that. There are a lot of features available with vBulletin we don't have...yet.

They are slowly, but surely, adding to the features. One I would like to see is an alert when you get a visitor message. Also, I would love to have a user CP like vBulletin provides. I watch the support site closely for polls and these ideas have come up. Some make the cut and others don't.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down