Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Thread For Monthly Challenges.

Go down

Discussion Thread For Monthly Challenges. Empty Discussion Thread For Monthly Challenges.

Post by Garmar Sat May 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Any thoughts or questions about the Monthly Challenges and theme ideas can be discussed in this thread.

Garmar.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion Thread For Monthly Challenges. Empty Re: Discussion Thread For Monthly Challenges.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am

Garm

Ideas only-not sure if these are what you are looking for, but they are short and require a little thought and good word selection.

Create a paragraph under 200 words that does one of the following;

1. Describes a room in such a way that the reader loves (or hates, or fears etc. ) the occupant without mentioning the person in any way.

2. Describes a room in such a way as to show the person's profession without introducing the person or stating the profession.

3. Describes a setting that makes the reader feel lonely, happy, sad, fearful etc. Evoke an emotion with one paragraph that contains no characters-setting only.

I recommend only one at a time, not a selection.

CS

Back to top Go down

Discussion Thread For Monthly Challenges. Empty Re: Discussion Thread For Monthly Challenges.

Post by Garmar Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:35 am

I like these ideas a lot. It jives well with the work and writing demands of our group of members who don't have a lot of time to play around with contests.

I pretty much figured this contest thing wouldn't go over well this early in the site's development because we don't have what Dean referred to as a "critical mass" of members to support writing contests. This makes sense. I went ahead and started it anyway because I'm prone to "jumpin' the gun". biggrin

Great ideas, chuck. Thanks.

Gary.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down