Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's Weirdest?

+3
Jack
Garmar
MC
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who's Weirdest? Empty Who's Weirdest?

Post by MC Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:53 am

The object of the game is to trump the prior poster with something weirder, about yourself.
It can be a quirk, a like/dislike, something you once did or still do.
Anything goes, just follow the rules of the forum.

We'll see who's the weirdest!

I'll go first:

I have a strong undeniable craving for eggplants every once in a while--akin to vampire blood lust, lol.
(I just spent an hour in my kitchen preparing eggplant parmesean for no one but me--because no one in my family will dare eat eggplant). rolleyes
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Who's Weirdest? Empty Re: Who's Weirdest?

Post by Garmar Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:26 am

This may be weird or just totally normal.

When someone passes me on the highway--and I'm driving the speed limit--then slows down, thereby making me slow down, I want to ram the rear-end of their car. Mad Max style. Twisted Evil And I find myself having a harder time resisting this urge. This happens so often it defies belief. Why the hell do they wanna pass if they are going to slow down? Some strange need to be in front?

I'm a total road-rager...and oh, yessss...there will be blood.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:51 am

1) Almost every morning; I wake up and find myself laying on the opposite side of my bed :S

2) Whenever I'm on the bus; heading to school. I always see an old man in a wheelchair; crossing the same road at the same time.
Jack
Jack

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:24 pm

I like to eat french fries with mustard.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by NaClmine Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:16 pm

ebyss wrote:I like to eat french fries with mustard.

YUCK!!!

My upper throat does not seal properly. Sometimes food goes up into my nasal cavity instead of down my esophagus. Once while eating spaghetti for dinner, my mother told me I should wipe my nose. I used a napkin to grab the offending "booger", only an entire length of spaghetti slowly emerged. I could even feel the other end as it pulled up my throat! If I recall correctly, everyone at the dinner table was grossed out and lost interest in spaghetti that night . . . we ordered a pizza!
NaClmine
NaClmine

Male

http://www.lasthumanwar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:30 pm

LOL, Saulty...I think the game's over. You win. JK.

Jack...is it the same guy in a wheel chair everyday? Because he might just be a very punctual guy on his way to work. :p

Ebyss, I like the sound of that, actually.

Garmar...remind me not to drive if I ever go to Missouri. LOL.

I've got to think hard if I'm going to trump Saulty.

For now, I'll just add that I like to put ketchup and mustard in my stew.

Last edited by MC on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:46 pm

I can't listen to music without silently counting the beat.

Oh, and I used to be addicted to Liquid Dancing. I would do it to any music. It got to be where it would annoy even me.

Last edited by Wreybies on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:19 pm

That's pretty cool. I've never heard of that before.

When I dance, I'm the ONLY person entertained. Guaranteed...
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:51 pm

Eww, Nac. Mustard and fries are alot better than pulling spaghetti out of a nose. That is super gross.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 am

I see movement and shapes in my peripheral vision all the time. It has scared me so bad before that I got the shakes.

Also, I can't look into a mirror if it's dark outside. When I around 12 or 13, my grandparents were moving and I stayed the night to help unpack. There was a full-length mirror standing up against some boxes and as I walked by I clearly saw a demon-like creature superimposed over my image.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:19 pm

^And that, my friends, is why we don't let six-year-olds read Steven King books. :op
That shape thing reminds me of a savant I heard about once. He saw shapes and patterns in everything and he knew answers to insane math problems without calculating them. --can you do that too?

< affraid I look people in the eyes when they pass me, in the store, on the street, wherever. If anything is taboo and 'inappropriate' in Los Angeles, apparently it's this simple thing. I don't know why. I usually smile and say hello, if they meet my eyes. Why does that freak everyone out?

Last edited by MC on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:18 pm

MC wrote:And that, my friends, is why we don't let six-year-olds read Steven King books. :op

Ok, if were gonna' go there, then.....

My parents took me to see the movie Alien in 1979 when it first came out. I was 9 years old. Scared for life!! affraid

I have dreamed with that creature, in one form or another, ever since that day.

Who's Weirdest? Alien1

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:51 pm

^That is weird Wrey. Do you feel an intimate connection? Teehee. biggrin

<I'm messy. All of my mommy peers are super neat and tidy, so that makes me weird. Sad
Maybe it's the artist in me?
confused
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:20 am

MC wrote:^And that, my friends, is why we don't let six-year-olds read Steven King books. :op
That shape thing reminds me of a savant I heard about once. He saw shapes and patterns in everything and he knew answers to insane math problems without calculating them. --can you do that too?

I do see shapes and patterns in nearly everything. I think most people do if they would just pay attention. Like textured tile floors and carpet; I see faces and stuff. Matter of fact, I drew a very cool looking reaper once while I was staring at a shadow cast on the living room carpet.

And clouds fascinate me. So many patterns and shapes there that wasn't even done on purpose!

I also have a lot of strange visual stuff going on. Like when I stare at a line on a piece of wood, the part of the line that I'm focusing on disappears. Makes it very rough when I'm cutting something by the line on my band saw.

That's a big negative on the math problems. I'm more idiot than savant. biggrin
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:24 am

^ You should eat more eggplant. Sounds like a vitamin deficiency. biggrin

< When I was a teen, I used to play hide-n-seek with my friends. In Wal-Mart. At 2am.

Last edited by MC on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahP Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:29 am

"I do see shapes and patterns in nearly everything. I think most people do if they would just pay attention. Like textured tile floors and carpet; I see faces and stuff. Matter of fact, I drew a very cool looking reaper once while I was staring at a shadow cast on the living room carpet. " (Garmar)

After taking out the garbage the other day, I informed my husband that we have a horse and a hooded woman in the stuccoed wall of our house. He said "Excellent" without looking up. That's how used to my "findings" he is.
SarahP
SarahP

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:40 am

Finding facial patterns and shapes is not at all unusual. Your mind's eye is naturally drawn to make sense out of chaos. And all people do actually do this. But, for the most part the brain has learned not to pay attention to it. This lies within the concept of when you are driving then suddenly you are home and really don't remember how you got there.

Your brain is trained to not pay attention to every single detail. Could you imagine walking along and paying attention to every single detail. There is a square shape there, a horse over ther, a crack there and there and there and there (walking along the sidewalk). Your head would be spinning so fast you would get whip lash.

There is your psychology information for the day.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:42 pm

LOL, SarahP! You see things so often your husband doesn't even pay attention? That's funny.

Ebyss, I gather you read medical journals and psychology magazines? That is weird too. LOL. :D I'm teasing.
---
I've recently discovered I love watching Dr. Who. I think that makes me a bit weirder...
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahP Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:22 am

MC, I have a friend who watches that... And he's rather weird. I was thinking about picking it up.

Okay, so I've got something a little weird (ebyss'll have a field day)!

My anxiety comes in the form of apocolyptic zombie nightmares. My husband is out of town quite often. We have baby gates at the top and bottom stairs of our home, and before bed each night, I close both of them. My reason? If a home invader comes into the house (particularly of a zombie nature), I'll hear them before they can get up the stairs. (ahem.. The gate latch is tricky so even a human would make noise- but most zombies can't climb so they'd have to break it-- do you realize how much time I've dedicated to working this out??) Anyway, I'd have time to load the .40 before they could get up the stairs and call 911 (Only for human emergencies. Imagine I wouldn't be calling 911 in case of a zombie.)
SarahP
SarahP

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:43 am

Anyway, I'd have time to load the .40 before they could get up the
stairs and call 911 (Only for human emergencies. Imagine I wouldn't be
calling 911 in case of a zombie.)

If the intruder is of a zombie nature you must aim for the head! Body shots are rarely effective.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahP Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:20 am

Garmar wrote:

If the intruder is of a zombie nature you must aim for the head! Body shots are rarely effective.

For sure. I'm well versed in zombie killing tactics. The thing that gets me most, is that you have to have contingency plans based on what kind of zombie it might be. A Romero zombie moves slowly and infects with the bite. So I could save my bullets and use my short sword (Ren faire geek in a former life.) However, I much prefer the long range kill for "The Infected" (28 Days Later) because they're quicker and a spray of blood in my mouth or eyes could infect me just as easily as a bite. In such a case, I'd probably want to have my husband's Uzi on hand. It's semi-auto with a red dot site and two 30 round clips. Unfortunately, it's a .9mm and we keep it in Nevada. Does me no good against local zombies.
SarahP
SarahP

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:59 am

Also, there is the little used but effective avoidance principle used in "I am Legend". The use of chemicals to mask ones smell and carefully timing outward excursions to keep the snarling eaters of fresh human at bay.

In case of a breach of security, wiring the entire neighborhood with military grade explosives rings a final, true note.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahP Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:55 am

True, but are the creatures in I Am Legend zombies? They seemed a bit vampiric. I believe they were vampires in the Richard Matheson book.. I haven't read it.

But I would say that sentience would change the game completely. I feel slightly less afraid of a foe I can reason with (even if reasoning will earn me nothing.) But give a zombie the ability to devise clever traps just makes the whole idea that much less appealing.
SarahP
SarahP

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Okay, I gather that you two are useless at convincing your kids 'there's no such thing as monsters'. LOL.

I happen to know a lady who makes zombie, werewolve and vampire survival kits. And I think she's serious about it.
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by willow Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:14 pm

No such thing as monsters? Are you serious? !!!! Laughing

My weirdness involves the supernatural. It has been a life-long dream of mine to be a ghost hunter. I NEVER miss an episode of Ghost Hunters or Paranormal State.
willow
willow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum