Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

References for different genres.

3 posters

Go down

References for different genres. Empty References for different genres.

Post by Lady Goodman Tue May 05, 2009 6:45 pm

As a writer, I think it's also very important to be a reader as well. I'm well read in sci-fi/fantasy/thriller novels, but at the moment I have quiet a bit of modern day mafia/mobster flair in my book. I've seen it done on screen many times, but if anyone could recommend literature pertaining to the subject, I'd be very grateful!

Also, I figured this could be a beneficial to other people looking for similar recommendations - perhaps just for different genres.
Lady Goodman
Lady Goodman

Female

Back to top Go down

References for different genres. Empty Re: References for different genres.

Post by Garmar Tue May 05, 2009 11:52 pm

If you're referring to mafia related literature I highly recommend The Godfather by Mario Puzo. Excellent book and great research about the mafia.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam W Wed May 06, 2009 7:22 am

Read The Sicilian by Puzo too. In fact, I'd recommend reading all of Puzo's work, since they're all mostly to do with the Mafia.

But if you want a no-holds-barred account of how Mafioso tactics are used in pretty much all terrorist organisations, read Paul Williams' Crime Wars. It centres mostly around the IRA and different Irish terrorist factions, but it is a real-life account of what goes on behind the scenes.

Sam W

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum