Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most boring book ever read

4 posters

Go down

Most boring book ever read Empty Most boring book ever read

Post by ebyss Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:38 pm

What is the most boring book you ever read?

I will have to say THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA.
I had to read it in high school for class and I didn't think the hundred pages was ever going to end. Do not get me wrong, Ernest Hemingway is a brilliant author, but that book was NOT my cup of tea. I do like other works from him, though.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Most boring book ever read Empty Re: Most boring book ever read

Post by MC Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Whew, and I thought the movie was bad. I can't imagine.

The most boring books I've ever read where in highschool. And it's possible that I just couldn't get into them because I was young and immature, but here are a slew of my least enjoyed reads:

The Crucible, The Scarlet Letter, Grapes of Wrath, The Pearl (what an ending!!?), Cry the Beloved Country, Animal Farm. I'll stop there because 1984 was somewhat enthralling and Of Mice and Men wasn't totally horrible. I think the biggest reason I didn't enjoy these books is that I was required to read them. That always kills it for me. Rolling Eyes I enjoy free will too much and balk at anything else...
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:17 am

Duma Key by Stephen King. What a snooze that one was. Just enough good story in there to keep you going though. It would have been a pretty damn good book if he would have cut about 200 pages.

It was better than a sleeping pill most of the time though.

Last edited by Garmar on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Goodman Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:23 pm

I'd say "Dead Witch Walking" by Kim Harrison. Ugh. I love a good fantasy story, but I got bored with the half-assed descriptions and the lame terminology. I mean... how can anyone make pixies, vampires, witches and faeries boring?!
Lady Goodman
Lady Goodman

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:43 am

If a book is boring I drop it, so I can't honestly say I've read a boring book. Then again I thought "Tale of Two Cities' and 'Ethan Frome' were fairly good reads, so I'm a little odd anyway.

I will say that Neville Shute's "On the Beach" was the only book I will never pick up again. It is beyond depressing. IMHO you could cut the population by ten percent just on the suicides if you forced people to read it. It wasn't the worst, it actually was well written and accomplished the author's goal of portraying the nuclear nightmare (very effectively!), but boy, was it a bummer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down