Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumbass strikes again!

2 posters

Go down

Dumbass strikes again! Empty Dumbass strikes again!

Post by NaClmine Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:11 pm

I have this alter ego I call Dumbass. He's not a bad sort, just a bit lacking in common sense and attention to detail. For the past two weeks, I have been quite ill but still I faithfully checked in each day to see if there were any "new" posts in here, in which I should participate. There were none. Completely dead. Not a single post. Not one of those little icons showed any unopened posts.

I felt a little sorry for Garmar as he's worked hard to produce a great little site. I even commented in a private note that he may be wasting his effort and might be better off using his "free" time to write his own stories.

Well . . . thank you Dumbass! I checked the site tonight, and sure enough, no new posts. Then, I noticed that Dumbass was not "logged in", hence no unopened posts would show. Imagine my consternation when I logged in and, "voila", suddenly a bunch of unopened posts awaited my browsing. Dumbass has been sent back into his closet and hopefully will remain sequestered for a while. In the meantime, it's nice to be back. LOL
NaClmine
NaClmine

Male

http://www.lasthumanwar.com

Back to top Go down

Dumbass strikes again! Empty Re: Dumbass strikes again!

Post by Garmar Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Speaking of Dumbass, I thought the VN era book you were working on was called "Police Dawgs". What a dumbass!

Just to clarify to everyone, It's "PALACE Dawgs."

I knew that, I'm just a dumbass... Embarassed

Edited to add: Dean's only told me that three or four times...no wonder i got mixed up. Razz
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaClmine Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:26 pm

The headquarters for US military operations in Vietnam was called MAC-V (Military Assistance Command - Vietnam). It was an Army compound next to Tan Son Nhut Airbase. Many of the top secret programs out of MAC-V were cloaked under the label "Palace" (which I always thought was a terribly arrogant way for our military leaders to refer to themselves). I was in two different "Palace" programs; Palace Dawgs and Palace Lime. Both were top secret units that reported directly to MAC-V . . . just a bit of history explaining the "Palace" designation.
NaClmine
NaClmine

Male

http://www.lasthumanwar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down