Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Divine Object

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Divine Object Empty My Divine Object

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Ok, you may have seen games like this in the past: There's an object that you have to get from the hands of the prior poster.

Here's my twist:

Every time you take the object from the last person, as soon as it touches your hands, it must turn into something new and must be used by you somehow in your post. Also, given that this is a forum devoted to the improvement of writing, no one-liners like, "Bop you on the head, My Divine Object!" The idea is to be creative ! ! !

Edit ~ One other rule. No murdering of the prior poster, please! No thumbs down

Other than that, no other rules. All styles are go: adventure, western, sci-fi, romance, fantasy, horror, etc.

Just don't violate the forum rules!!

Wreybies will now commence the adventure:

Having just survived the rock slide by the skin of his teeth, Wrey watched the boulders and rubble continue down the slope into the valley below. With a sigh of relief, he continued on. The mouth of the cave was just ahead.

Upon reaching the of the cave Wrey was astounded by the rainbow of light that poured from within.

“Yes! It must be here! Finally!” Yelled Wrey.

On into the cave he went, into it’s innermost reaches where he found, upon a natural stalagmite pedestal the source of the glow. The Devine Object was his! It had no form, was amorphous and seemed made only of light. Wrey reached for it and upon touching it, it shifted and squirmed in directions for which there are no names and became suddenly a cup.

A simple plain cup.

Last edited by Wreybies on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:16 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

My Divine Object Empty Re: My Divine Object

Post by Garmar Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:16 pm

It was hard to tell who, because it was very dark in the cave looking in from the bright light of day outside. But Garmar saw someone up ahead pick up the object...

"The cup is mine!" Garmar screamed.

Rushing in, Garmar met the surprised eyes of Wrey right before he crashed into his friend.

"Sorry, Wrey... the cup is mine!"

With that said, Garmar ran back out into the sunny day with his prized possession glowing in his hands. A shiny new Dewalt Dc720Ka drill gun!

Great word game! cheers

(I hope I did it right.)

Last edited by Garmar on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:53 pm

As Garmar ran from the cave, Ebyss stuck her foot out, tripping him. She watched as Garmar sprawled onto the rocky ground and the drill tumbled from his hands, coming to rest a few feet from him.

"Ha ha! It is mine."

Using Garmar as a catapult, she stepped onto his back and dived through the air. In one lithe movement, she tucked and rolled back onto her feet with the item in her hand. It didn't feel big or bulky like a drill. Stunned, she opened her hand and gazed upon a shiny crimson ruby.

Ebyss glanced over her shoulder with a smile of satisfaction as she watched Garmar struggle to his feet. She turned and ran off, griping her reward tightly.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:21 pm

(Ooooh, this sounds fun! I can't wait to play--when I don't have a 3yo sitting in my lap begging to watch "Caillou" on my computer.)
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:39 pm

MC saw the crimson glitter from a far and wondered at it's beauty. Curiousity arroused, she rose up into the air on her magic carpet and swooped in for a closer look. There she spied Ebyss, cradling her prized Jewel. It was obviously very dear to the poor girl, but that mattered not to the cold cruel heart of MC. MC could see the true value of this divine object. She plummeted through the air and dived in to steal the ruby from it's owner's grasp.
~SWOOSH~
Ah ha!! The Divine Object is mine! MC stared in wonderment; as, before her eyes, the ruby transformed into a large golden key. Behold! THE KEY TO CANDY PLANET!!!!!!
...My offspring will be jubilant.

Last edited by MC on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

(Oh, I am loving this word game!)

After the cruel, ebyss stole Garmar's shiny, new drill, MC swooped by on her magic carpet. Plucking the prized gem from ebyss and flying off as it transformed into a key.

Oooh... Garmar thought, that looks like a fine prize! And leapt off the cliff in his hang-glider. Catching an updraft, he sped off after the thief. As he gained on the unsuspecting MC, he thought of what he could do with such a fine key. Maybe it unlocked a secret room in the palace of lost tools... who knows!

Garmar silently flew in closer to the jubilant MC. Then, he snatched the key! Then he swung off, crying in joy as it transformed into...

A brand new instant coffee-maker!
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:08 pm

This latest development incensed MC with fury. Fury and envy. The only thing that could possibly be more priceless than a key to Candy Planet was a grand instant coffee-maker!

Flying low, she came as near to Garmar as she dared. Then with a coffee-enduced surge she leapt off her carpet and latched onto Garmar's hang-glider. The added weight of MC clinging to the contraption, caused it to swirl and veer left.
Garmar looked up in shock. Anger furrowed his brows and spite twisted his lips. He pulled out his machine gun, but it was too late. In his moment of distraction MC had grabbed his precious coffee-maker and apparently leapt to her death.

MC pulled her rip cord and smiled. Gently floating down, she reached to retrieve the coffee maker from under her arm. Her heart stopped. Horror filled her face as the coffee maker transformed into an enormous white elephant.
affraid "Oh shoot!"
YIPE!

Last edited by MC on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NaClmine Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Having imbibed far too much cognac in his jungle sanctuary, NaClmine staggered into the clearing near the bottom of the mountain, hoping to find a place to nap in the warmth of the tropical sun. Suddenly, a pink elephant crashed through the treetops landing only feet away. Little did he know, it was white, but through the filter of bloodshot eyes he saw a pink elephant charging toward him.

He ran, screaming for the nearest AA member who might wake him from this cliche dream. It was to no avail. The massive pachyderm slammed him to the ground while the evil MC drank coffee and laughed from her perch above. It was not the happy laughter of a normal person, but the sinister hackling of a mindless demon taking pleasure in the slow death of innocence.

Without warning, a mouse wandered out from a crushed jungle plant by NaClmine's bleeding hairline. Yes, at his age, he still has a lot of hair! The elephant trumpeted and reared high in fear of the terrifying rodent. MC tumbled to the ground, scalding hot coffee splashing painfully across her bare arms.

As saltmine rolled from under the beast, he grabbed the animal's flailing trunk and . . . <poof> . . . it became a boa constrictor, wrapped securely around his forearm.

Last edited by NaClmine on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total
NaClmine
NaClmine

Male

http://www.lasthumanwar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:40 pm

sarcasm Ooooh that was low...

Seeing that an evil villain like MC dearly loved anything cold and vile, she immediately set off to capture the deadly boa.
"He's so cute and cuddly", she thought, "he'll make a perfect malicious sidekick".
Trodding over Saltmine's brutally crushed carcass--in her tall leather boots--she clasped her long finger nails around the snake's tail and whipped him back with such skill to cause Indiana Jones to weep in despair.
She curled the slimy brute around her neck like a feather boa and daintily returned to stand over old Salty.
"Oh my! Did you get a boo boo?" She laughed maniacly, "here", she said as she tossed him a kleenex and whistled for her carpet.

A cold sensation swept across her shoulders as the boa constrictor transformed into a bulking metal chain. A chain that could magically pull any object as though lite as a feather.

What a Face

Last edited by MC on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:15 am; edited 4 times in total
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NaClmine Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 am

Sorry . . . that better? LOL
NaClmine
NaClmine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:12 am

Thank you. biggrin (My story is above).
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Ebyss stood behind a tree and watched as MC boarded her carpet with the huge chain around her neck.

"Ooh, pretty!" Ebyss' eyes grew in desire.

As MC started her ascent into the clear blue sky, Ebyss noticed a tiny thread. She sprinted over to MC before the carpet was out of reach and grabbed the thread. The carpet zoomed off and unraveled. Before long MC was forced to scoot to the very end.

Ebyss squealed in crazy delight as the carpet-riding woman, soon to be free falling woman, screamed in fear. MC tumbled through the air and the chain slipped away from her neck. Ebyss watched with a bizarre gleam in her eyes as the two flipped around in the air.

Ebyss ran under the chain, holding her hands up in the air. "Yay!" Her voice excited with anticipation.

Her fingers wrapped around the chain, gripping it tight. She turned when she heard a thump and saw a red mess. She ran to MC tossing her a first aid kit and turned on her heel to dash away.

Sprinting through the heavy jungle vegetation, Ebyss opened her hand. Her eyes widened in alarm when she realized she was not holding a chain necklace. Instead, a scanty, red dress draped from her fingers.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:25 pm

MC regained consciousness and scowled in dismay at the gooey mess she now was. Focusing her mind and energy, she regenerated her wounds and lay watching.

Ebyss was clearly distracted and had not noticed this new development. She held a thin strappy red dress between her fingers.

"Ah, the magic chain has become a useless gown. Humorous. I think I'll bide my time and watch to see what the men make of this one. I have no use for such vain finery, as my three precious malignant spawn keep me too busy back at the lair to venture out on dates with my evil-genius husband.

Just then Ebyss muttered, "Useless. I don't want this stupid thing." She dropped it on top of MC and strode off.

"No! You can't do that! I don't want it either. It's your divine obj..."

MC's last word was cut off as the red dress transformed into a Harley Davidson.

Grinning wickedly, she quickly Hopped atop the shiny motorcycle and sped off through the jungle into a futuristic metropolis to get groceries before heading back to her lair.
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NaClmine Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:43 pm

The wanton destruction of Salty's peaceful writing sanctuary drove him back into a nearby city. Exhaust fumes, crime and urban filth offered a more attractive environment than his former hideaway, now invaded by women; not just any women, rather, the evil MC and her polar opposite, little-red-dress ebyss. Where is Wreybies when you need him to covet a little red dress?

Writing needs fuel, so Salty stopped at a local supermarket for a bag of Jelly Bellies and a dozen Hungry Man TV dinners, when the unmistakable roar of a poorly driven Harley carried through the open doors. He glanced between boxes of Cocoa Puffs and Special K, expecting to see a man's man like Garmar; a hawg-master, covered in tattoos of scantily clad women and odes-to-momma. Jelly beans scattered across the floor, as, to his great shock, the evil witch appeared, dressed in ill-fitting leathers of the typical suburban wannabe gangsta.

Where did that undeserving “mother” get such a beautiful chopper? He thought, I must have it!

Salty regressed -- back to his wild days of recon patrol in a far away war. He studied his quarry. He shadowed her movements, unseen even by store video security cameras! She walked without fear, smug with self-satisfaction over her most recent conquest. The ex-recon sarge picked just the right moment to slip across her trail in aisle seven and out the doors. Little did she know that somewhere between selecting Midol and Huggies, the motorcycle outside had been turned into a shiny new penny.

Salty disappeared down the alley across from the supermarket and took a minute to slip the magic coin into his sock. With his treasure resting safely between his toes, he entered the subway and took the train to his home-for-unwed-chickens in the valley.
NaClmine
NaClmine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 am

Ebyss stood behing the square shaped column as Salty stepped off the subway. With a glimmer in her eye and a bat in her hand, she waited patiently. She really needed that penny so that she could have a whole dollar to order off the dollar menu at Mickey D's.

As Salty strolled, confidence emanated off him. Ebyss could tell that he thought no one knew the whereabouts of the penny. How sad it was that he had mistaken. She readied herself at he came closer.

The surprise registered in his eyes as the bat bonked him on the head. And amazingly enough, that is the sound it made too. BONK!
Dazed, he went down on his knees, then on his face.

Ebyss laughed as she straddled the man's legs and yanked on his shoe to retrieve her prize.

UGH!!! The smell was nauseating. From her bag of neverending needy stuff, she withdrew a set of tongs and foot powder.

She clamped the end of his sock and yanked hard, revealing yellow toenails. The penny clinked as it hit the cement ground and rolled around in a circle until it settled on its side with Abe Lincoln peering off into the distance.

She dumped a mass amount of foot powder on Salty's foot thinking that he can thank her for it later when he woke. She raised to her feet, and in less than three steps, she was ready to reclaim her prize.

"Find a penny, pick it up," she said as she kneeled and grasped it between her fingers.

She sprinted up the stairway leading back onto the dirty streets of the futuristic metropolis. As she reached the street, her hand began to weigh down. It was too heavy for her to hold any longer. She was about to drop it when, suddenly, her hand rested on top of a black '69 Mustang Mach One.

"Woot!" She ran to the drivers side and slid onto the leather seat. It fit her perfectly like a glove. She gripped the key and gave it a quick turn. The engine purred to life. Pressing onto the accelerator, she zipped off into the twilight.

Last edited by ebyss on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 am

Bitter as a pill was Wrey.

Years of research. Countless miles trekked. A fortune, partly earned, mostly stolen. All in search of the Divine Object.

And now, the ultimate indecency. The Divine Object had just become a ‘69 Mach One for someone other than himself. It was as though the Object were taunting him. Laughing at him. The Object was like a lover purposely flirting with someone else to insight jealousy, dressed to kill in one of Ford’s most lovely designs.

Wrey decided to cash in a favor. He took out his cell phone and made a call.

“Mike? Yeah, I know, It’s been a long time. Listen, I need a favor. Pick me up at the corner of Main and 7th and bring an extra uniform. What? Never mind why. You owe me, and I’m cashing in.”

#

“License and registration, please.” Wrey was careful not to touch the surface of the Mach One. Not just yet.

“What's the deal, officer? Was I speeding?” Ebyss nervously looked through the glove compartment, hoping that the Divine Object would not prove treacherous at this moment. The registration was right where it should have been. She breathed a sigh of relief and handed it over along with her license.

“Step out of the car, please.”

“But officer, I don’t understa-”

“Out of the car ma’am.”

“Ok, ok. Relax.” Ebyss stepped out of the car and her eyes passed lovingly over the pristine, mirror smooth black and gold paint.

Wrey quickly pulled off one of his black leather gloves and laid his hand on the hood of the car. It pained him to know that the Object would no longer have the form of this beautiful pony car. With a squirm and stretch in directions that confused and befuddled the eye, the Divine Object shrank and then clattered to the floor. A pair of wayfarer sunglasses lay on the pavement.

Perfect.

Wrey donned the pair of shades and tipped his hat to Ebyss. “Thank you kindly, ma’am. You’re free to go.” Wrey got back into the patrol care with Mike and told him to the gun the motor.

“What the heck was all that about?” Mike asked a few miles later.

“Never you mind. Consider your debt paid.”

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 am

^Nice~ biggrin

MC had spent the last three days reweaving her magic carpet, which until that moment had been the worlds biggest ball of floating yarn.
She now soared along the freeway on Wreybies' tail. It was clear that a heated argument was in session.
Suddenly the car slammed to a halt and Wreybies 'buddy' kicked him out on the curb.
Interesting... she mused.

"What kind of an idiot are you? Hunting down a hot chick in a 69 Mustang Mach 1 so you can turn it into a freakin' pair of sunglasses? You're crazier than I ever guessed! And you're no friend of mine!"

"But Mike! You don't... I didn't..."

The car sped off, leaving poor Wreybies no time to finish his sentence.
"I'm always so misunderstood." He whispered, his face crumpling.

It was in that moment that MC was faced with the toughest decision of her life. Divine Object or random act of kindness? Heart twisting with pity and sorrow for this tormented soul--she hovered just behind him with her hand tenderly outstretched to comfort. And she would have too, if her blasted peripheral vision hadn't spied the forgotten sunglasses at 3 o'clock.

I just love it when my work is done for me.

Snatching them, she howled with glee and zoomed off (remembering to fly low to the ground in order to avoid heavy surprizes from the tricky Divine Object).
She looked down at her hand in anticipation.
What will it become this time?

The sunglasses stretched and rounded as they similtaneously grew striped fur.
Now, in her hand was an adorable Maine Coon kitten.
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 pm

After Ebyss knocked the young man off his mo-ped, she zoomed behind the cop car reaching maximum speed of 45 mph.

Desire flowed through her veins. Those shades are so cool. How can I get them?

As she pondered her next move, she saw MC gliding on her magic carpet, then the cop car speeding off leaving Wreybies on the side of the road looking befuddled. Ebyss pulled over to observe what the devious MC would do.

Surprise filled Ebyss as MC did nothing but pick an object off the road. She knew they had to be the cool sunglasses.

"No! Those are mine," she uttered. She was about to take off after MC when, suddenly, there was a kitty cat in the evil woman's arms.

The kitten appeared not to be too happy. Ebyss heard the kitty as it hissed then jumped on top of MC's head. What happened next reminded her of something right off a Bugs Bunny cartoon. All she saw was a blur of claws.

MC screamed in pain. Unscathed, the kitty jumped onto the road.

Excellent! Her eyes gleamed in cool calculation.

Knowing this was her only chance, Ebyss revved the mo-ped and zipped toward the kitty. She reached down and grabbed the animal by the nape of its neck being careful to avoid the claws.

The cat started to protest. Ebyss arm moved with the efforts of the struggling creature, then it stopped. Taking her eyes off the road, she peered down at her hand, and gasped in astonishment.

A pickle! What the hell!

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:36 pm

LOL! Nice one! ...Good thing I regenerate. sarcasm
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:13 pm

"Hmmph! Of all the annoying little pests!"
Glancing in her pocket mirror, MC frowned in utter displeasure at vivid scratches and dissheveled hair.
"My face can heal, but this hair will never do! I've got to get a hair appointment and find some comfort food...fast!"
Emerging, a half hour later, with pageant ready coiffe and a massive cheeseburger, life was looking good again.
"It's going to be okay. I don't need that stupid divine object anyway. I mean, what's divine about being malled by a rabbid kitten?"
She opened her cheeseburger and everything came spinning to a hault.

"THEY FORGOT THE PICKLE!!!" She wailed, as she sunk to her knees in the middle of a busy intersection (luckily everything had come to a hault--remember?)
Just then Ebyss puttered up on her mo-ped and stopped.
"Oh! I love your hair, where did you get it done?"
MC spied the pickle and realized her chance.
"Right here. I'll trade you this half off coupon for that pickle!"
"Okay!" Ebyss couldn't agree fast enough. "I hate pickles! I wish there was some way to control the randomness of this divine object. You know, Wreybies really should have thought of that before he made this game up."
"You're telling me! One time, I was parachuting from Garmar's hang-glider and it turned into an elephant!"
"Hahaha, that's horrible!" Ebyss laughed.
"Do you want to go get coffee?"
"Oh, I hate coffee, but tea sounds good. Sure, let's go."
"Great! Just...could you put that pickle on my burger here, so I don't have to touch it? You know how the divine object is. Soooo touchy!"
"Oh, I knooow!"
Then they both had a wonderful afternoon dishing up the latest gossip on Saulty, Wreybies, Garmar and the rest of the CW gang.
All-the-while, MC never realized that the Divine Object had transformed inside her to become a symbiotic lifeform who was now taking over her body, bestowing her with alien super powers that would make stealing the Divine Object an insane challenge.
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:53 pm

LOL! This is my favorite game. Though I am tempted, I am going to let one of the others take this one.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:11 am

Oh, dear. I gotta say... that was genius, MC! biggrin
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Well...?

Defend thyself, foe!
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:09 pm

MC wrote:Well...?

Defend thyself, foe!

I want to!

But I'm having a very fooked up day. And I gotta go to work in a few minutes. :rant:
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:36 am

Garmar watched from above as the Divine Object passed from one person to the next. He cried out in shock as ebyss and MC went into a diner. The Divine Object had transformed into a pickle!

Garmar circled his glider around and around, finally landing on the top floor of the diner. He bashed in the door and ran down the steps. "The Divine Object will be mine again!" he said, panting from the effort, and rage.

Soon, he reached the lower level of the building. Stormed through the kitchen--throwing a waiter aside as he passed by the startled cooks. He could see MC and ebyss chatting it up through the glass. Enraged at this scene, he threw the double doors aside and ran at the two. "Where's my Divine Object?" He screamed.

MC calmly looked into his eyes and stated, "I ate it."

There was something different about MC, and a thrill of fear entered Garmar's heart. "Gimme my object...or I'll...I'll take it back by force!" But he wasn't so sure as MC stood up and smiled. Then began to approach him, driving him back.

"Try to take it." MC said. Just then, her hazel eyes turned solid black and her brown hair began to whip around her face. Her voice became lower, shaking the building to its foundations as she thundered out, "I dare you!"

"Wassup, ya'll?" A voice with a southern drawl, and the bell above the door ringing, broke the spell over Garmar. Everyone in the room looked over at a man wearing blue jeans, a mullet and a western t-shirt with the sleeves cut off standing there holding an eggplant. "Did I miss the party? Hey you...yeah you," pointing at ebyss, "turn of some Billy Ray and let's get crazy!" He began to sing, "Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart..."

This sent MC into a thundering rage. "You...you..."

"Yeah, me...what?" Looking bewildered to have his little diddy interrupted..

While her back was turned, Garmar realized his chance was at hand! He squared off behind MC, and punched though MCs back to remove a squirming, thrashing bug-thing. It felt like a worm. "Ah, ha ha ha! The Divine Object is mine again!" Then ran back through the kitchen as MC looked down in disbelief at the growing pool of blood surrounding her feet.

Suddenly, the mess in his hand began to writhe fiercely and grow heavier. Not caring what it was in his rush to flee from the new MC, and her freaky hair-do, he failed to notice it was turning into a 30 foot Boa constrictor. He burst through the upper door just as he realized his error. The snake curled around, flipped its long tongue out, tasting the air, then struck him in the face and began to eat him from the head down.
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next