Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Divine Object

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Divine Object - Page 2 Empty My Divine Object

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, you may have seen games like this in the past: There's an object that you have to get from the hands of the prior poster.

Here's my twist:

Every time you take the object from the last person, as soon as it touches your hands, it must turn into something new and must be used by you somehow in your post. Also, given that this is a forum devoted to the improvement of writing, no one-liners like, "Bop you on the head, My Divine Object!" The idea is to be creative ! ! !

Edit ~ One other rule. No murdering of the prior poster, please! No thumbs down

Other than that, no other rules. All styles are go: adventure, western, sci-fi, romance, fantasy, horror, etc.

Just don't violate the forum rules!!

Wreybies will now commence the adventure:

Having just survived the rock slide by the skin of his teeth, Wrey watched the boulders and rubble continue down the slope into the valley below. With a sigh of relief, he continued on. The mouth of the cave was just ahead.

Upon reaching the of the cave Wrey was astounded by the rainbow of light that poured from within.

“Yes! It must be here! Finally!” Yelled Wrey.

On into the cave he went, into it’s innermost reaches where he found, upon a natural stalagmite pedestal the source of the glow. The Devine Object was his! It had no form, was amorphous and seemed made only of light. Wrey reached for it and upon touching it, it shifted and squirmed in directions for which there are no names and became suddenly a cup.

A simple plain cup.

Last edited by Wreybies on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:16 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

My Divine Object - Page 2 Empty Re: My Divine Object

Post by ebyss Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Ebyss sat in stun silence at all that transpired in a short amount of time. Her eyes moved from the pool of crimson under MC to the door Garmar ran through that still swung back and forth. Torn between the decision of helping MC or going after Garmar.

MC or Garmar?

MC or Garmar?

She pondered this question for a half second, then she bolted through the swinging door into the kitchen of the small diner. A strong odor of stale grease, hamburgers, and dirty dish soap assaulted her nose.

Where did he go?
Ebyss paused for a moment. The bewildered looks of the cooks and waiters answered her question. They all stared at the back door that could only lead out into the alley.

With smooth movement, she passed by the onlookers, opened the back door, and stepped out onto a small cement porch with three steps leading down. She bounded down the steps and scanned the area.

Darkness hung like a drape to the right, and the left led onto the street. Cars zipped by with headlights illuminating the way.

Her eyes squinted with calculation. The street would be his only escape. Ebyss took one step, two steps, and with her third step she found herself wheeling her arms around in a circle as she tried to keep her balance.

“What the heck?” She uttered as she stumbled.

She looked down and saw a long hose with a pair of jean-clad legs sticking out from the waist down. With her hand extended, she reached down to touch the object when she stopped just inches away. She realized it wasn’t a hose at all but a snake.

“Yay! A snake!”

Ebyss’ eyes gleamed like a child’s on Christmas morning. One of her desires was to own a pet snake. She had to possess it.

She scanned the immediate area and noticed twine wrapped around a box that housed the diner’s order of meat. Extracting her handy dandy Swiss Army knife, she easily sliced through the thin cord and lassoed Garmar’s legs. She tied the other end to the post of the steps and went to grab the asp’s tail. With all her strength she pulled and pulled.

POP!
The snake released its dinner with a sick, sucking wet sound. Garmar laid in a pool of slimy snake spit. He fluttered his eyes and thin ooze stretched between the lids.

“That is so gross,” Ebyss said to the snake’s meal.

With no more time to spare, she grabbed her prize and sprinted toward the street. She wrapped the snake around her and felt delight as the loving creature constricted its muscles.

On the run and nothing with a motor to aid in her escape, Ebyss raced down the street, hoping beyond hope that she could just get her treasure to the safety of her home. She reached up to pet her new acquisition when her hand fell onto something that wasn’t scaly skin.

She skidded to a stop with her face twisted into a mixture of disbelief and excitement. Dangling from her hand was a shiny silver key.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:46 pm

(I wrote this one a few days ago, but didn't post it because it was so long, but I guess since no one else wants to play...)Wink

"Is that...? NO. It couldn't be..."
MC turned to Garmar as she handed him another wet wipe.
"I think that's my house key." Perplexion marred her features.
"What do you think she's going to do with it? ...And where did you get all these wet-wipes?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, as he scraped more snake snot off his shirt.
"I change a lot of diapers", she shrugged, "I imagine she'll use the key to sneak into my villainous lair and steal my treasure."
His eyes lit up for a second, then he shrugged, "Well, I guess that's your problem. I've...um...gotta...go to work! Yeah, that's it. Sorry. See you later."
He dashed off and darted around a corner from which he peeped out occasionally.
"Okay... I guess I'm on my own then. Gee whizz, you'd think scraping snake snot would be a bonding thing, but no. Men are so weird."
MC whistled for her trusty carpet and hopped on. Speeding up, she saw Ebyss parking her mo-ped in the driveway outside her lair. Ebyss was decked out in a Dry-Cleaning delivery outfit and was ringing the doorbell. The door was quickly flung wide open by three small innocent looking children. Before she could move, they grabbed her hand and sucked her inside. The door slammed shut and there was nothing but silence for five minutes.
MC slammed her carpet to a hault and surveyed the scene.
"What should I do? My poor babies..."
Just then the door was clawed open and Ebyss ran screaming from the house.
"Keep your stupid treasure!!! I don't want it."
MC lowered her carpet to Ebyss' eye level.
"Didn't you know what my greatest treasure would be?"
Disgusted, Ebyss threw down the key, hopped on her mo-ped and was gone in a cloud of smoke, knocking over a garden gnome in the process.
MC shook her head and went to straiten the gnome.
Just then, Garmar arrived in his pick-up truck. Unseen, MC peered out from the bushes.
"Oh no! I should've grabbed the key! He's going right for it!"
But to her surprize he walked past it.
*Ding dong*
"Heeelllloooo?" Three little voices rang in unison.
"I'm the treasure cleaner man. I'm hear to pick up your mommy's treasure for a cleaning." He beamed cleverly, a split second before being caught off guard as the three children leapt onto him chirping exstatically.
"YIPPEE!!" They hugged him and squeezed him and kissed him until he ran away screaming madly.

MC picked up the silver key and it transformed into a rocket ship.
"Hey! Come on, kids! It looks like we're going on a field trip...to the moon!"
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:26 am

LOL!!! That was cute. You have monster children, as do I. :) I am going to let someone else post like Wreybies or Jack or anyone else. (hint hint hint)

ebyss

Back to top Go down

My Divine Object - Page 2 Empty Jack's Approach

Post by Jack Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Jack is currently up in the tree, sitting on a solid branch; observing MC's each and every move. (Jack quietly laughs at Garmar… who was kissed by MC’s children)

Jack is not a stalker... he just really wants that rocket ship! In order to obtain the rocket ship, he would have to formulate a brilliant and successful plan. Once he fully establish the procedures and predicts his outcome; he immediately proceeds as planned. Meanwhile, MC and her children carefully carries the huge red rocket ship and transports it to their backyard. Jack carefully (without making any sound) slowly climbs down the 80 year old tree. He quietly Tip-Toes to their backyard and notices them admiring the machinery. Jack does not want MC and her children to take a field trip to the moon; so he must acurrately decide his next move.

Jack pulls out a scary Halloween mask from his pants and straps it to his face. When ready, Jack yells, screams and runs towards them. MC’s eyes grew larger and larger. The kids begin to scream! MC quickly grabs her children and enters their house; locking their doors and closing their windows.

“Hehe! Finally! My plan worked!” said Jack.
“No sign of MC and her kids”

Jack secretly walks over and touches the red rocket ship.
The piece of machinery instantly transforms into a
Spoiler:

I'm not sure if I've done this correctly...
Jack
Jack

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:22 am

(You did great Jack!)

MC peeped out of her front window in time to see Jack remove his Halloween mask.
She ran to her fireplace, leapt and shot up out of the chimney into the sky like an anime character. Turning three summersalts in the air, she landed without a sound directly behind Jack.
Quick as a ninja, she cartwheeled over his head grabbing the camera from around his neck while upside down directly above him. She landed as the camera transformed into a magic flute.
"What? Golly gee, where'd the camera go?" Jack querried.
MC cleared her throat, drawing Jack's attention. She put the flute to her lips and began to play a melody. Helplessly entranced, Jack's feet began to move. Caught in the spell of the flute, he danced a merry jig.
"Help me! Someone...anyone...I can't stop dancing!" He called.
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:55 am

(Thanks MC! biggrin )
(Nicely done, your post was hilarious!)

"Help me! Someone...anyone...I can't stop dancing!" He called.
Under the control of this dreadful cursed flute; Jack tries to stop dancing, but couldn’t control his body movements. His central nervous system has been completely taken over. Meanwhile, MC's children were laughing at him.

As MC was about to blow into the flute again... Jack tries to regain his control and advances towards her. With a blink of an eye, he appears directly in front of her. MC tries to play the melody but the spell wouldn't function anymore.

Jack laughs at MC. “Well… its too bad that your flute doesn’t work anymore”.

“This object belongs to me! Get away!” said MC with a angry voice.
“Woa, Woa… Wait a sec” said Jack.
“What is it?” said MC

MC glances over her shoulders to see if her children were safe. Without a second to lose, Jack quickly snatches the flute from her hands. The flute transforms into a hot air balloon. Jack hops on and slowly drifts away. As MC turns her head towards Jack’s general direction, she notices that Jack is way up into the sky; heading North.

“Bye MC, you can never catch me now.” said Jack.
“Come back here! I will get you back Jack!” said MC.
Jack
Jack

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:23 am

MC quickly ran to a tree and pulled a lever, disguised as a branch. A hanger opened up in the ground and a fleet of magic carpets arose.
"Come children. Today, I teach you how to overcome all obstacles."

The small army floated off through the air in hot pursuit of Jack.

"Why so shocked, Jack? Did you forget my main mode of transportation is the flying carpet? Bwahaha!" her maniacal laugh filled the air.
Jack's eyebrows rose in surprise as a one year old dive bombed toward him, closely followed by two little boys: all giggling cheerfully.

"Hi Jack! Do you want to play with us?" They grabbed his hands and pulled him onto their carpets, just as MC touched the hot air balloon.
The balloon melted away from beneath Jack as it transformed into a sword. MC wasn't fast enough to catch it. It dropped through the air until it landed with a clang and embedded itself in a large stone.

She tried to free it, but it wouldn't budge.
"It's mine!" She screamed, "Stay back!"
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NaClmine Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:52 pm

In the distance, clouds began to form; not ordinary white sky fluff, but ominous black thunderheads, each churning with violent winds and flashing lightning in all directions as if defying all that lives in nature. Mid day became as dark as a moonless night and MC’s sword exploded in sparks with each lightning strike from the roiling clouds. Her brood huddled in terror while their obsessed mother made futile attempts to extract the sword between impacts by white hot electric bolts. Never before had she forsaken her babies. Such was the power of the spell that even a mother-child bond could be rendered asunder.

Evil faces formed in the clouds, outlined in shades of black and devoid of soles. Their hollow eyes focused of the insane MC as she interposed her body between the sword and approaching ghost warriors. Like tornadoes touching ground from the most violent storms, shadow soldiers spawned out of the bottom of each storm cloud and immediately drifted toward MC and her prize.

Suddenly, a fleet of loyal flying carpets surged past MC to engage the closing enemy. Thunder shook the ground as the battle raged and children pleaded for their mother to take them away to safety. One brave carpet after another burned to ash in the flash of lightning bolts thrown by the attackers. MC stood her ground, clothes burned to tatters, long hair singed and char streaks across her alabaster cheeks. Surrounded by the menacing soldiers of darkness, she clung desperately to her beloved sword, incapable of accepting that her defeat had arrived.

Immediately above the sword and stone, a single bright ray of sunlight extended to the nearby ground. It traced a path toward MC as warriors of darkness pulled away, repulsed by the brilliance. She moved as if to bar the light from reaching her sword but it was to no avail. The thin line of light grew wider until it bathed MC, the sword and the stone in brilliance, the likes of which she could not remember.

Black clouds began to dissipate and the dark soldiers faded. As each one disappeared, every person who had ever touched the magic object materialized in its place. Garmar slouched over, still covered in snake snot. ebyss showed up with drool hanging from her lip as her obsession with the object overpowered her, leaving her senseless. Jack formed with his back to the sword, still confused by the rules of the game. Wreybies appeared, but he was not alone. Wrey’s boyfriend held him lovingly while Wrey cried over his failure to secure the treasure. Many other people emerged from the cloud soldiers; some known, others were strangers. Only one person was conspicuously missing. NaCl.

Despite the return of daylight, the single beam from above glowed even brighter than the most powerful rays from the sun. MC began to circle the sword while other like-minded obsessives closed in.

A sound filled the air. It was a high pitched vibration and it came from the sword. People covered their ears. MC’s flock cried again. Even the insane MC could not stand the piercing tone as she dropped to her knees, hands pressed tightly against her head. High above, a silver chariot descended. It was drawn by six golden cherubs with extended wings that did not flap. Holding the reins was an old man, silver in beard with matching silver hair and a weathered face that hinted at a life of hardship. NaCl guided his chariot to a silent landing between MC and the others. With a wave of his hand, the sword stilled. He spoke kindly to the crazy mother.

“Michelle, the sword in the stone is not magic. The magic we all shared, came from within. Each of us supplied a piece of ourselves to make this story a reality.”

“No,” she called out in desperation. “It’s real . . . I must have it!”

NaCl motioned for MC’s children to approach. Despite years of training from their mother not to trust strangers, they intuitively knew this old man would not harm them.

“Go to your mother. Hold her.”

As the children wrapped their arms tightly around their mommy, the spell of the magic object was broken. MC let go of the sword and began to sob, knowing that the greatest magic of all was the unconditional love of her children. All the others now understood too. Wrey’s gift was not a magic object. It was camaraderie . . . friendship that transcends distance, cultures and other social barriers.

NaCl nodded to Wrey as everyone smiled, basking in the truth of their newfound friendships. The white bearded man addressed the crowd.

“As a young man, I was injured deep in the jungles of Southeast Asia. A monk in the lost temples of Ankor Wat saved my life and taught me the magic that I used to bring everyone together today. Now that I have you together in one place, I would like to thank Wrey for making all this possible.”

Everyone agreed. Even MC, now happily rid of her obsession, smiled as she thought about all her new friends.

NaCl patted MC gently on the shoulder, an understanding touch, knowing that in some small way he helped her kids get their mommy back. Then, he slipped his hand off her shoulder and onto the sword. In one mighty yank, he wrenched the sword from the stone and leaped into his magic chariot. It rose into the air and circled the stunned people below as NaCl exclaimed victory.

“So long suckers! If you bought that sappy crap, you’ll never be good enough to catch me!”

The sword vanished! NaCl looked everywhere for it but it was nowhere in sight. Suddenly, he sneezed, unaware that the sword transmuted into a rhinovirus which he inhaled. Nevertheless, his chariot accelerated toward his hidden sanctuary among the Ankor Wat temple ruins in Cambodia.

They’ll never find me there, he thought in smug delight as he searched his chariot for the magic object.

Last edited by NaClmine on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
NaClmine
NaClmine

Male

http://www.lasthumanwar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmar Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:23 am

^ Now that was a good one!
Garmar
Garmar
Admin

Male

https://review-group.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:51 am

That was very good. I liked it!!!

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:42 am

Ebyss stared as NaCl flew away in his chariot. She couldn’t understand why NaCl thought no one knew about his hidden sanctuary within the Ankor Wat temple ruins in Cambodia. After all, he just wrote it down.

“Strange,” she thought, a hint of a smile tugged the corner of her lips. “And not very bright.”

She looked over at MC, who stared off into the sky with a dumbfounded expression displayed across her face. Her young minions floated on their carpets and tugged at her skirt saying they wanted to eat, but MC, stuck in a stupor, ignored their whining.

Ebyss’ eyes darted from the children, to MC, and back to the children. An idea began to form behind her cold, calculating eyes.

She dashed over to the one year old, picked him up, and shoved him into MC’s arms. She hopped on the carpet and sped after the crafty NaCl.

Ebyss watched as the chariot riding man peered over his shoulder. A look of surprise mixed with fear swallowed the snide expression he held a moment ago. He whipped around and in a panic flipped the reins with a loud crack that echoed through the air. The chariot increased in speed.

Ebyss watched the spectacle and cackled in delight. “There is no escape NaCl. Nowhere for you to go.”

She lowered onto the carpet to make it more aerodynamic and raced after the magic chariot. Speeding toward him on the stolen carpet, Ebyss reached down and extracted from her bag a plastic bottle containing sneezing powder.

A look of delight brightened her eyes as the carpet quickly gained on the chariot. She pulled the edge and lifted up and over NaCl’s head.

NaCl gazed up and his eyes widened in terror. “No, it is mine. I worked hard orchestrating everything that transpired. MINE!”

Ebyss hovered above him and held the powder out over the defeated man. She turned her hand and the light, fluffy dust sprinkled onto his face.

“Ah-Ah-Choo!”

“Oh, I’m sorry NaCl.” She pulled a handkerchief from her pocket and handed it to him. “Please, use this.”

NaCl smiled in appreciation. “Thank you.” He blew his nose and gave it back.

Ebyss looked at the handkerchief with a look of disgust. Yuck! Then, with her eyes opened wide with an innocent look, she smiled. “That is all I wanted to do, NaCl. I heard you sneeze when you left, and I was worried about you.”

“That’s it?”

Ebyss closed her eyes and shook her head. She opened them and smiled once again. “Of course. How could you think anything else?”

NaCl returned her smile. A look of relief swept across his features. “Thanks.” He cracked the reins and sped away toward his sanctuary, leaving Ebyss floating alone.

As she watched him leave, the warm and caring smile changed to a grimace. Her eyebrows pulled together, and her eyes narrowed to slits.

“This is mine. All mine.” Her voice carried a menacing note. “MINE!”

She felt the handkerchief quiver in her hand. She unclasped her fingers and watched as it began to shimmer. Her eyes glowed in curiosity as the cloth moved with an eeriness.

No longer able to stand the anticipation, she yanked away the snotty material and squealed in delight. She held a new Ninetendo DS.

“Yay! I always wanted one.”

She peered over her shoulder and saw no one followed her. She tugged on the right side of the carpet and sped away toward her home.

“No one knows where I live. They will never find me.” She stroked the DS with love as she spoke. “It will only be you and me from now on.”

She tenderly slipped a Pokemon game into the sleeve and slid the power bar to on. She played with her newfound treasure as the carpet zipped across the early evening sky toward her house.

Last edited by ebyss on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by NaClmine Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Nice comeback, ebyss. Cute story! Sure hope MC recovers...poor lady's been through a lot. LOL
NaClmine
NaClmine

Male

http://www.lasthumanwar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ebyss Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Ebyss sat quietly on her tan couch. Her knees tucked under her and a pillow lay on her lap. The television was off and so was the lights.

The only illumination came from the tiny screen of her Ninetendo DS. Her fingers tapped the buttons that control what moves her captured pokemon made.

"Finally, I'm at the elite four. Once I defeat them, I can train my pokemon to level one hundred." She cackled in triumph.

ebyss

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Good...I wanted to make sure you had a chance to enjoy your DS. Personally we like Club Penguin on DS. Wink But I'm sure Pokemon has it's merit.
MC
MC

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2